Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has revealed that global pop sensation Ed Sheeran spent his Sunday afternoon having tea and scones at her Auckland home.
Hot on the heels of her time with President Obama last week, Ardern shared a photo of herself with Sheeran at her house in Pt Chevalier.
"Couldn't make any of Ed Sheeran's shows while he is here so cheekily suggested he come round for a cuppa and some scones," she wrote in the post on Instagram. "Didn't quite expect him to say yes. Thanks @teddysphotos It was a real treat to meet you. And as an added bonus, my scones weren't a complete disaster!"
Sheeran has previously spoke of his deep affection for New Zealand, saying he'd love to move here and cosying up to the Prime Minister probably helps his case.
Her partner Clarke Gayford also shared an image of himself and Sheeran reading the book I'm Not Fat, I'm Pregnant written by Kiwi TV personality Jaquie Brown.
Ed Sheeran is in New Zealand for a six-show tour, with gigs in Auckland and Dunedin.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019