His life was cut tragically short in November 2015, but Jonah Lomu packed in more than the majority into his 40 years - including playing for the greatest rugby side on the planet.
His widow, Nadene Lomu, has thanked New Zealand a year on from his untimely death in a statement issued by the New Zealand Rugby Players' Association.
"Firstly, I want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of those people who have supported our boys and myself since Jonah's death a year ago," she said.
"There have been many of you who have helped us through the toughest year of our lives.
"At this especially difficult time we want to keep a low profile and not make any public appearances, which I am sure people can understand.
"While every day is a challenge without Jonah, this first anniversary is particularly poignant for us all."
She said the couple's sons, Brayley, 7, and Dhyreille, miss their dad every day.
"We have a tight support team now and we are so lucky with the love of our family, friends and the church."
Here, we remember the All Black great in pictures, from the start of his career to his last few weeks on earth.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019