His life was cut tragically short in November 2015, but Jonah Lomu packed in more than the majority into his 40 years - including playing for the greatest rugby side on the planet.
His widow, Nadene Lomu, has thanked New Zealand a year on from his untimely death in a statement issued by the New Zealand Rugby Players' Association.
"Firstly, I want to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all of those people who have supported our boys and myself since Jonah's death a year ago," she said.
"There have been many of you who have helped us through the toughest year of our lives.
"At this especially difficult time we want to keep a low profile and not make any public appearances, which I am sure people can understand.
"While every day is a challenge without Jonah, this first anniversary is particularly poignant for us all."
She said the couple's sons, Brayley, 7, and Dhyreille, miss their dad every day.
"We have a tight support team now and we are so lucky with the love of our family, friends and the church."
Here, we remember the All Black great in pictures, from the start of his career to his last few weeks on earth.
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
8 / 0
9 / 0
10 / 0
11 / 0
12 / 0
13 / 0
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveToday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020