While most actors dread the filming of a raunchy romp with their co-stars, Hugh Grant has revealed he has quite the opposite reaction!
In a new interview with W magazine, the 56-year-old actor joked that he found it much harder to film ‘love’ scenes as opposed to ‘sex scenes’.
Watch: Hugh Grant talks about having chemistry with his leading ladies - story continues below.
Referencing his famous roles in Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, Hugh told the publication that he found love scenes “extremely difficult”.
“You’re always within a millimetre of sentimentality and ‘yuck.’ But sex scenes are something else!” he said.
“The conventional response to sex scenes is that they’re horrible and not sexy and it’s all so unnatural. But I’ve always found filming sex scenes to be quite a turn-on.
“I like the experience of being in a sexual position when you’re not supposed to be in one.”
It’s a far cry from other actors who have been vocal about their discomfort of filming romantic scenes.
Ahead of the release of Fifty Shades of Grey last year, star Dakota Johnson opened up about how “filming a sex scene is not a sensual or pleasurable environment”.
“It’s really hot – not in a steamy, sexual way. It’s just sweaty and it’s not very comfortable.”
Watch the trailer for Fifty Shades Darker in the video below.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019