While most actors dread the filming of a raunchy romp with their co-stars, Hugh Grant has revealed he has quite the opposite reaction!
In a new interview with W magazine, the 56-year-old actor joked that he found it much harder to film ‘love’ scenes as opposed to ‘sex scenes’.
Watch: Hugh Grant talks about having chemistry with his leading ladies - story continues below.
Referencing his famous roles in Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, Hugh told the publication that he found love scenes “extremely difficult”.
“You’re always within a millimetre of sentimentality and ‘yuck.’ But sex scenes are something else!” he said.
“The conventional response to sex scenes is that they’re horrible and not sexy and it’s all so unnatural. But I’ve always found filming sex scenes to be quite a turn-on.
“I like the experience of being in a sexual position when you’re not supposed to be in one.”
It’s a far cry from other actors who have been vocal about their discomfort of filming romantic scenes.
Ahead of the release of Fifty Shades of Grey last year, star Dakota Johnson opened up about how “filming a sex scene is not a sensual or pleasurable environment”.
“It’s really hot – not in a steamy, sexual way. It’s just sweaty and it’s not very comfortable.”
Watch the trailer for Fifty Shades Darker in the video below.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019