Johnny Ruffo took to Instagram today to share some distressing news about his health.
“On Sunday I went into hospital with a migraine," Johnny tells TV WEEK. “I had to have emergency surgery to have a brain tumour removed. I am on the mend and feeling positive. Keep me in your thoughts."
The former Home And Away star uploaded two photos to his Instagram account. One image was of him recovering in a hospital bed, the other of a large scar running across the top of his forehead.
He captioned the image with, “Some things in life really put things into perspective, hoping for a positive result, keep me in your thoughts x”.
WATCH: Johnny shares his brain tumour news. Post continues after the video...
Friends have taken to social media to wish the 29-year-old well.
“Thinking of you lad,” NRL player Sam Burgess wrote.
“Praying for you,” Footy Show host Beau Ryan commented.
Johnny rose to fame through The X Factor Australia. He appeared on the third season of the show in 2011 and placed third in the competition. He was mentored by Guy Sebastian on the series.
Check out his talented audition below.
In 2012 Johnny won the Australian version of Dancing With The Stars with his dance partner Luda Kriotor.
After two successful stints on reality TV, Johnny made the switch to drama joining the cast of Home And Away in 2013.
He played Chris Harrington on the popular soap and left the show in September last year to focus once again on his music career.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayToday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Block NZ favourites Ethan and Sam: 'We had a rough run but we stayed true to ourselves'
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DaySep 20, 2019