Academy Award winning actress Hilary Swank has married her social venture entrepreneur fiance Philip Schneider in a fairytale outdoor ceremony.
Vogue reports the couple wed among the redwoods of the Santa Lucia Preserve in Carmel, California, a location chosen for it's proximity to her father who is unable to fly due to a lung transplant three years ago. He walked her down the forest floor aisle.
The Million Dollar Baby star stunned in an ethereal Elie Saab Couture wedding dress, custom made for her special day.
"I've loved Elie Saab for years and was thrilled to have him design my dress," Hilary, 44, told to Vogue.
"I wanted something romantic that felt as timeless as the redwood grove where we were to be married, and he delivered—designing something that far surpassed my greatest expectations. It was everything I imagined and more."
Hilary's best friend, actress Mariska Hargitay was the bride's maid of honour.
In true Hollywood style, the newlyweds treated their guests to a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers–style tap dance choreographed to Moby's "In My Heart", at the reception.
Hilary and Philip began dating after she called off her engagement to Rueben Torres, a professional tennis player.
The couple were set up on a blind date set up by Supernatural actor Misha Collins's wife Vicki. Hilary revealed the couple met at 10am for brunch and parted ways at 11pm. It was an instant connection.
"We clearly enjoyed our time!" says Hilary.
The couple became engaged in 2016.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019