Academy Award winning actress Hilary Swank has married her social venture entrepreneur fiance Philip Schneider in a fairytale outdoor ceremony.
Vogue reports the couple wed among the redwoods of the Santa Lucia Preserve in Carmel, California, a location chosen for it's proximity to her father who is unable to fly due to a lung transplant three years ago. He walked her down the forest floor aisle.
The Million Dollar Baby star stunned in an ethereal Elie Saab Couture wedding dress, custom made for her special day.
"I've loved Elie Saab for years and was thrilled to have him design my dress," Hilary, 44, told to Vogue.
"I wanted something romantic that felt as timeless as the redwood grove where we were to be married, and he delivered—designing something that far surpassed my greatest expectations. It was everything I imagined and more."
Hilary's best friend, actress Mariska Hargitay was the bride's maid of honour.
In true Hollywood style, the newlyweds treated their guests to a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers–style tap dance choreographed to Moby's "In My Heart", at the reception.
Hilary and Philip began dating after she called off her engagement to Rueben Torres, a professional tennis player.
The couple were set up on a blind date set up by Supernatural actor Misha Collins's wife Vicki. Hilary revealed the couple met at 10am for brunch and parted ways at 11pm. It was an instant connection.
"We clearly enjoyed our time!" says Hilary.
The couple became engaged in 2016.
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019