Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria welcomed their third child together just a few days ago, but the 32-year-old has already taken to Instagram to share an honest, unfiltered glimpse of her post-pregnancy body in an effort to stand up against body shaming.
Posing side-on for the camera, the brunette beauty revealed that the photo had been taken just 24 hours after the birth of her son, Leonardo Angel Charles Baldwin.
“It always makes me a bit nervous to do something like this, but I feel that in the age of such strong body shaming, I want to do all that I can to normalize a real body and promote healthy self esteem,” she wrote alongside the picture.
“Many of you know that I love to show the process of life’s experiences on the body and I am a firm believer in how a good diet and the right balance of exercise make us happy, healthy and strong,” she continued.
The yoga devotee and lifestyle expert went on to reveal that she did not have a C-section and that the picture was taken in the bathroom of her hospital room.
Hilaria and Alec, 52, began dating in 2011 and tied the knot the following year. This is the first marriage for Hilaria, while Alex was previously married to Kim Basinger and has one daughter, Ireland, with the star.
The couple have two other children together, daughter Carmen Gabriela and son Rafael Thomas.
In the past, Hilaria has been outspoken about wanting to pass on a positive attitude to body image to her little ones.
Watch an adorable video of big sister Carmen meeting baby Leo - story continues below.
“I’m very careful not to put myself down in front of [Carmen], like, ‘Oh my God, I don’t feel good today,’ or the typical, ‘Oh, I feel so fat’ or, ‘Oh look at me, I look terrible’ kind of stuff,” she told People earlier this year.
“I’ve learned that that can be very damaging to children.”
The mum-of-three has also been sharing her wellness journey with her followers on Instagram, where she shares regular posts about her yoga sessions and how she stays fit while pregnant.
- RoyalsThe Cambridges are set to visit Ireland as the Sussexes return to the UK
Now To LoveToday 3:00pm
- PetsIt's getting hot in here: Expert advice on caring for your pet over summer
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight Australia 2019 stars: Where are they now?
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerWhy Judy Bailey's latest project had everyone thinking she was getting inked
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:40am
- CareerWhy Laura Dern deserves every acting award she gets!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:31am
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight bride Poppy Jennings' unexpected exit: what really went on
Now To LoveYesterday 8:55pm
- RoyalsPrince William reveals the unexpected activity the Cambridge children tried over the school break
Now To LoveYesterday 3:35pm
- BodyThis Kiwi mum lost a staggering 65kg in a year but says she will always miss her old size
Woman's DayYesterday 2:15pm
- RoyalsThe internet thinks The Sussexes just made a subtle dig at Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Now To LoveYesterday 12:50pm
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:40am
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveFeb 23, 2020
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesFeb 23, 2020
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesFeb 22, 2020
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayFeb 22, 2020