Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry has confirmed she has filed for divorce from her husband of two years, French actor Olivier Martinez.
“It is with a heavy heart that we have come to the decision to divorce,” the couple told Us in a joint statement.
“We move forward with love and respect for one another and the shared focus for what is best for our son. We wish each other nothing but happiness in life, and we hope that you respect our, and most importantly our children's privacy, as we go through this difficult period.”
The two first tied the knot in July 2013 at a picturesque chateau in Vallery, France, after meeting in 2010 on the set of the film Dark Tide.
Halle and Olivier have a two-year-old son together named Maceo, and the actress is also mum to seven-year-old daughter Nahla from a previous relationship with French Canadian model Gabriel Aubry. Olivier and Gabriel famously came to blows in 2012 after Gabriel blocked the couple’s attempts to move to France with Nahla, and shocking photos leaked after the incident showed Gabriel had sustained significant injuries to his face.
Later that year, Halle and Gabriel finally settled on a custody agreement, and Halle was ordered to pay US$16,000 per month in child support to Gabriel. The star is currently embroiled in a legal petition to reduce the amount to approximately US$3,800.
A source close to the couple told People that their living arrangement caused plenty of tension between the pair, as Olivier had been hoping to move the family to his native France. However, he was forced to relocate to Los Angeles to accommodate Halle's custody arrangement with Gabriel. Meanwhile, another source says Olivier's "hair-trigger temper" was another issue.
This will be Halle’s third divorce, after splitting from baseball player David Justice in 1997 and singer Eric Benet in 2005.
Olivier previously dated Kylie Minogue for several years, and he has also been linked to Juliette Binoche, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and actress Mira Sorvino.
Watch: Olivier Martinez snaps at an airport employee
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019