Beloved ‘90s girl bands B*witched and Atomic Kitten reformed for a special gig in Auckland last night – and Woman’s Day went backstage to get the goss on their reunions.
Irish babes Lindsay Armaou, Sinead O’Carroll, and sisters Edele and Keavy Lynch are best known as B*witched, who had number-one hits in New Zealand with their debut single “C’est la Vie” and its follow-up “Rollercoaster” in 1998.
The group visited Aotearoa back in 1999 and this time around, it was the trio of Sinead, Edele and Keavy who made the return trip back to New Zealand to wow their fans with all of their classic hits.
Watch the girls performing below. Story continues after the video.
Meanwhile, Atomic Kitten – consisting of English lasses Natasha Hamilton, Kerry Katona and Michelle Heaton – topped our charts with their tune “Whole Again” as well as covers “Eternal Flame” and “The Tide is High”.
Speaking of what’s changed since their pop heyday, Natasha tells us, “We have freedom now and I’ve grown up a lot. I’m not gonna take on an unreasonable schedule. When we were kids, the boss man said, ‘Jump!’ and we all said, ‘How high?’ Now we all need the right balance between being on tour and being a parent.” Read the full interview in our latest issue.
B*witched and Atomic Kitten perform again at Auckland’s ASB Theatre tomorrow night, supported by Michelle’s other band, Liberty X, who had a hit in NZ with their song “Just a Little”. S Club 3, the remaining members of S Club 7, had been scheduled to perform as well, but lead singer Jo O’Meara has been struck down with food poisoning.
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019