George Clooney was among a handful of Hollywood stars honoured by the Pope at a recent public appearance in Rome.
The actor and his human rights lawyer wife Amal Clooney attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall during a trip to the Italian capital.
The event at the Vatican was held to promote the work of the Scholas Occurrentes foundation, an arts organization founded by Pope Francis to bring together children from different backgrounds, with the hope of achieving peace and understanding.
Druing the event the religious leader awarded medals to Clooney, Richard Gere, and Salma Hayek who have signed on to be ambassadors for one of the foundation's art projects.
George is working together with the religious leader with his arts foundation, Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
"This is a wonderful programme we are working on here," he said in a speech to the Pope.
"Hatred...has to be taught. We aren't born this way, we learn it.
"Inclusion is the only way we are going to make it."
Hayek, who brought her daughter Valentina with her to meet the Pope, couldn't contain her joy at the meeting.
"I can not love him more," she wrote on Instagram. "When in Rome, speak with your hands. At least I made him laugh."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019