If you weren't already devastated by the fact that you're not best friends with George Clooney, chances are you will be now.
According to Cindy Crawford's husband Rande Gerber (a close friend of George's), the actor once gave 14 of his closest friends a cool mill each.
"There's a group of guys we call 'The Boys,'" Rande shared during a recent chat on MSNBC's Headliners show. "George had called me and 'The Boys' and said, 'Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone's going to come to my house for dinner.'"
At the dinner, the group were surprised to find luggage bags at each seat on the table -- each containing a million dollars in $20 bills.
"George begins to say, 'Listen, I want you guys to know how much you've meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life,'" Rande continued. "'I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I'm so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn't be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we're still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.'"
Rande noted that not all members of the group were well-off -- in fact, some were struggling to provide for their families.
"[George] goes, 'I know we've all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it. You don't have to worry about your kids, you don't have to worry about, you know, school, you don't have to worry about paying your mortgage.'"
He added: "I mean these are guys that took care of George and now he's giving it all back. And George said: 'Not only that, I have paid everyone's taxes so this million dollars is yours.'"
In a beautiful twist of fate, Rande (who, by the way, donated his share to charity) believes the actor-turned-director may have gotten his own reward out of the generous gift -- wife Amal.
"That was September 27th, 2013. Now September 27, 2014, he marries Amal," Rande pointed out. "That's good karma right there."
The Ocean's Eleven star, 56, and human rights lawyer, 39, welcomed twins in June -- a healthy baby boy and girl.
"This morning Amal and George welcomed Ella and Alexander Clooney into their lives. Ella, Alexander, and Amal are all healthy, happy, and doing fine. George is sedated and should recover in a few days," the family said in a statement to People at the time.
Speaking to the publication on a separate occasion, Amal's mum, Baria Alamuddin, said: "Amal and George were so beautiful, they were so happy, so contented. You just look at them and you feel like they've been a mother and father for their whole lives."
"Seeing these two angels, these stunningly beautiful babies... cuddled together, and seeing the joy on Amal and George's faces, it's one of those deeply felt beautiful feelings you can't express in words," she added.
"It brought almost unrealistic pure joy and left me feeling like the most blessed human being on earth."
Earlier, George's dad shared a similar sentiment while speaking with a Cincinnati TV station.
Nick Clooney, who was fortunate enough to share a Skype meet and greet with the world's most famous twins shortly after their grand entrance into the world, explained that both George and Amal were doing "wonderfully well."
He also said that the children both have dark hair and "are gorgeous," but one in particular seems to take after their famous father.
"Nina [Warren, George's mum] swears they have George's nose," Nick said. "Not both of them -- one of them. The little boy looked like he had [George's] nose, his little profile."
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019