George Clooney was all smiles as he shook hands with the Pope while being honoured for his charity work.
The actor and his human rights lawyer wife Amal Clooney attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall during a trip to Rome.
George is working together with the religious leader with his arts foundation, Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
“This is a wonderful program that were working on,” the Money Monster actor proclaimed in his address to the Pope.
See George's inspiring speech to the Pope here! Post continues...
“The one thing that we know is that hatred and bigotry has to be taught,” he explained.
“We aren’t born this way… and the fact that Pope Francis and all of you are involving people at such a young age in the schools, the idea that inclusion is the only way we’re gonna make it, that to me is what is so spectacular about what you all are doing.”
Fellow celebrities Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were also in attendance. All three stars are ambassadors for the ambitious project.
Salma and Richard were also similarly honoured for their work with the worthy cause.
Amal, 38, looked stunning in a chic, black Atelier Versace lace gown with three-quarter sleeves and satin detail, paired back with a silk Versace hat. George, 55, looked dapper in a grey suit and button down top.
The pair have spent most of their time at George’s Lake Como property since arriving in Italy, and were recently seen dining with friends at a local restaurant Dal Bolognaise, overlooking Rome’s Piazza del Puopolo.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019