George Clooney was all smiles as he shook hands with the Pope while being honoured for his charity work.
The actor and his human rights lawyer wife Amal Clooney attended the pontiff’s Un Muro o Ponte Seminary at Paul VI Hall during a trip to Rome.
George is working together with the religious leader with his arts foundation, Scholas Occurrentes, an International Organization of Pontifical Right that connects technology with arts and sports, according to its website.
“This is a wonderful program that were working on,” the Money Monster actor proclaimed in his address to the Pope.
See George's inspiring speech to the Pope here! Post continues...
“The one thing that we know is that hatred and bigotry has to be taught,” he explained.
“We aren’t born this way… and the fact that Pope Francis and all of you are involving people at such a young age in the schools, the idea that inclusion is the only way we’re gonna make it, that to me is what is so spectacular about what you all are doing.”
Fellow celebrities Salma Hayek and Richard Gere were also in attendance. All three stars are ambassadors for the ambitious project.
Salma and Richard were also similarly honoured for their work with the worthy cause.
Amal, 38, looked stunning in a chic, black Atelier Versace lace gown with three-quarter sleeves and satin detail, paired back with a silk Versace hat. George, 55, looked dapper in a grey suit and button down top.
The pair have spent most of their time at George’s Lake Como property since arriving in Italy, and were recently seen dining with friends at a local restaurant Dal Bolognaise, overlooking Rome’s Piazza del Puopolo.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019