The women’s Black Sticks have been celebrating yet another victory at the Rio Olympics – as the side made it through to the hockey semifinals last night.
The New Zealand side stunned opponents Australia with a 4-2 win, taking them through to the semifinals against either Great Britain or Spain.
Player Gemma Flynn shared her joy on Instagram on Monday, accompanied by a victory shot of her and the girls on the hockey field.
“SEMI FINAL here we come. A tough game against Australia today but an amazing effort by the girls. So happy to come away with the win #onestepcloser,” Gemma wrote.
Anita McLaren, Kelsey Smith, Gemma Flynn and Olivia Merry all got on the scoresheet against the Australian side, who are currently ranked No 3 in the world.
The Black Sticks could be in with a chance of winning the first ever medal for New Zealand hockey this week, after the men’s side were knocked out by Germany in the quarterfinals.
Over the weekend, Gemma batted off reports that boyfriend Richie McCaw was in some way bad luck for New Zealand this Olympics, sharing a photo of the rugby star alongside the caption: “We’ve sealed our place in the quarter finals. Loving our support team over here including this lucky charm #rio2016.”
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019
- TVMatt Chisholm is leaving TVNZ to ''farm children, rocks and rabbits'' in Otago
Now To LoveSep 13, 2019