Auckland-born actor KJ Apa has survived a car accident in Vancouver.
The former Shortland Street star fell asleep at the wheel after a lengthy 16-hour day filming for season two of hit series Riverdale.
Apa was on his way to his hotel room just after midnight, which was a 45-minute drive from the set.
Apa reportedly hit a light pole on the passenger side of his car which caused extensive damage to his vehicle but thankfully no harm to himself.
His co-star and close friend Cole Sprouse, who plays Jughead on the show, was reportedly supposed to be in the car with him but changed his plans.
There are reports of concerns on the set of Riverdale following the accident, regarding the lack of transport available to actors after late-night filming.
We're just thankful KJ is safe!
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am