The slinky black dress, which the 25-year-old wore to a Harper’s Bazaar party in New York last weekend, flashed a fair amount flesh and showed off the model's flawless figure to perfection.
And while some have called the dress the best red-carpet statement in eons, other weren't so happy with Emily's fashion-forward style choice.
Tim Gunn, guest-hosting on E!’s Fashion Police, and clearly in the latter camp, unloaded on her look, calling it “just vulgar and repugnant”.
"If I saw this at a party, all I could do would be to drink. I couldn’t eat. There’s absolutely no way," Gunn griped. "This dress is so appallingly vulgar and revealing. Why wear anything? Why not just take it all off?"
Co-host NeNe Leakes attempted to defend the dress but only succeeded in setting off another tirade.
"Is this all just about [making] everybody shocked? And I will tell you I'm not shocked... This is just vulgar and repugnant."
Emily took to Twitter to hit back at Tim’s remarks by delivering a feminist reminder to those who feel they can dictate what women can and can’t wear.
She's come under fire from male celebrities before on her strident stance towards women and sexuality.
Earlier this year, when Piers Morgan sounded off on Kim Kardashian for posing for nude selfies, Emily hit back by posing topless with Kim for an Instagram pic that has been called one of the most momentous of the year.
Morgan called her form of feminism "misguided affront to true feminism" and labelled it "pseudo-feminist gibberish".
Emily, who is outspoken about her views, wrote an essay earlier this year for Glamour in which said she's out to prove women can be serious and sexual.
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019