Sir Elton John has reportedly been snubbed from his late mother's will while his former assistant is in line for half of her fortune.
Sheila Farebrother, who died aged 92 in December, changed her will three weeks prior to her death to leave half her fortune to Bob Halley -- the man who was blamed for their years-long feud.
Their nearly nine year estrangement was sparked by Sheila's refusal to cut ties with Bob and close friend John Reid -- after he fell out with them.
Speaking with The Daily Mail back in 2015, Shelia opened up about the bitter feud.
"'I told him: 'I'm not about to do that and drop them. Bob is like a son to me. He has always been marvellous to me and he lives nearby and keeps an eye on me'," she said, adding: "Then to my utter amazement, [Elton] told me he hated me. And he then banged the phone down."
She added: "Imagine! To me, his mother!"
Elton went on to further their separation by failing to attend his stepfather's funeral in 2010. Sheila then added insult to injury by hiring an Elton John tribute act to perform at her 90th birthday party.
WATCH: Elton John talks about his two children. Post continues...
According to The Sun, Mr Halley will now receive half of Shelia's £534,000 (NZ$1 million) fortune, while Sir Elton, his children and his husband David Furnish will take home two ceramic urns.
"Sir Elton is worth [NZ$573 million], but it's not the money that matters," a source told the publication. "It very much looks like Sheila was determined to make one final point to her son in her will."
The singer-songwriter's half-brother Frederick Farebrother, and Ms Farebrother's friend Deborah Woodward, will reportedly receive the rest of the money.
Elton announced his mother's shock death in an emotional post on social media.
Taking to Instagram, the 70-year-old shared a photo of the pair smiling in their finest.
He captioned the upload: "So sad to say that my mother passed away this morning. I only saw her last Monday and I am in shock. Travel safe Mum. Thank you for everything. I will miss you so much. Love, Elton."
The "Candle in the Wind" singer did not explain the circumstances surrounding his mother's death.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019