Kiwis and Aussies have long cherished a friendly rivalry between our two countries, but superstar singer Ed Sheeran couldn't resist getting in a little dig at our Australian counterparts during a recent television interview.
Speaking to interviewer Angela Cox for Channel 7's Sunday Night show, the "Shape of You" singer confessed that he does "really, really like New Zealand".
"I like New Zealand and I like Australia for different reasons ... but they have got a better rugby team," he quipped.
In the interview, Ed also revealed he never takes off the pounamu necklace he received last time he was in the country. The singer and his girlfriend, Cherry Seaborn, had the greenstone necklaces carved for each other during their trip to Queenstown last year. The singer also told Angela he had brought several necklaces back for his friends, who also wore them constantly.
Watch Ed Sheeran's interview in the video above
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am