On July 10, six months on from his father’s untimely death, Duncan Jones and his wife, Rodene Ronquillo, welcomed a sweet baby boy into the world.
The BAFTA Award-winner announced his exciting news via Twitter, with a comedic cartoon of his father, himself and his new son.
“Stenton David Jones. Born July 10th, exactly six months after his granddad made room for him,” the proud dad shared alongside the drawing of the three generations, adding, “Love you both so.”
Also sharing a touching message to his brave wife, the legend’s son wrote: “All my love and awe to the incredible @rodeneronquillo who made a human being in her belly.”
“Warrior woman & every day, my hero.”
The couple announced their pregnancy back in February of this year, just one month after David passed away of cancer.
In another cartoon Tweet to his 300,000 followers, the expectant father wrote, "1 month since dad died today. Made this card for him at Christmas. Due in June. Circle of life. Love you, granddad."
Speaking to E! News, the film director admitted that in his final months, David took the liberty of revealing his grandchild’s gender to the expectant parents before saying a proper goodbye.
"When we found out what the gender of our baby was going to be, we were able to get the doctor to write it on a card without us seeing it and then I got to spend Christmas with my dad and he actually told us what the gender was going to be," Duncan said in May.
"We found the time to do all of the family stuff that we wanted to do, got a chance to spend some time together, have our talks and say our goodbyes and things like that."
Watch Duncan open up about his final moments with his dad in the video player below.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019