Lady Gaga took to the stage at yesterday’s Grammy Awards to perform an emotional tribute to the late, great David Bowie – but it appears his son Duncan wasn’t a big fan.
After the performance aired, Duncan took to Twitter to post the dictionary definition of the word ‘gaga’.
“Overexcited or irrational, typically as a result of infatuation or excessive enthusiasm; mentally confused,” he wrote, in what many saw as a direct comment on Gaga’s performance.
The singer ran through 10 of David’s biggest hits during her performance, sporting Bowie-esque bright orange hair and a glittering white jumpsuit as she channelled the Thin White Duke on tracks such as ‘Space Oddity’, ‘Ziggy Stardust’ and ‘Heroes’.
Gaga’s tribute gained some mixed reviews from viewers, with The Guardian labelling the tribute “slightly dissatisfying”.
Whatever the reaction, there’s no denying the depth of Gaga’s admiration for the musical legend. Days before the Grammys, she got a Bowie tattoo inked on her side, and in an interview with The Associated Press, she described the tribute as one of the hardest things she had ever done.
“When I was 19 years old ... I started to live my life like him. I began to consume art and fashion and art history and a combination of those things, performance technique ... and I only hung out with people that were artists and that was the way that he was and I learned that from him,” she said.
“What I'm trying to say is there's people that love David Bowie, and then there's David Bowie fans, and there's Bowie kids, who live like him ...and I can't express to you, I don't know who I'd be if I didn't have (him as) a figure in my life. I don't know what my identity would be.”
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019