We'll be friends with you, Diane Keaton!
The A-list actress is one of the most well-liked stars in showbiz, but who ever said every other celeb is her buddy? Certainly not her!
"I don't really have any friends," Diane, 71, told host Jimmy Kimmel during a recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. "Not one."
Many of Hollywood's biggest names recently attended Diane's ceremony where she received the AFI Life Achievement Award, but the Something's Gotta Give actress made it clear that those people aren't her pals. "They've worked with me," she told Jimmy.
She went down the list of attendees and made her comments on each individual. "Some are important, you know? Like Meryl Streep!" she said. "That's an important person."
Jimmy quipped back, "Is she not your friend, Meryl?" Diane answered, "I love her. But I don't see her very often. She doesn't call. But I love her!"
Jimmy proceeded to ask about actress Reese Witherspoon. "You know, I met Reese when she was 14 and I directed her in a TV movie," Diane remembered. "She was just a kid. There was no question [she'd be a movie star]. Great looking. Great talent."
"And yet still not a friend? Jimmy asked, to which Diane replied, "No, not a friend."
Forget about women, Diane was hoping more men would be there when she accepted the coveted honor! However, her former flames Woody Allen and Warren Beatty did show up. "Now I'm a single woman," Diane said of her love life. "I was never married. Nobody ever asked me to marry them. I don't know why."
Ever since her recent public appearance, fans have been wondering if she's related to actor Michael Keaton since they have the same last name. Turns out, they aren't related one bit — and their real surnames aren't even Keaton. Is he a friend, though? Jimmy would have to ask Diane that one, but we're thinking probably not!
Via: Closer Weekly.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019