Demi Lovato has always been a vocal and passionate advocate for loving your body, but now the singer has showed off just how confident she really is in a brand new photoshoot for Vanity Fair.
The ‘Cool For The Summer’ singer stripped off to pose completely nude and makeup-free for a series of intimate, unretouched shots taken by Vanity Fair photographer Patrick Ecclesine.
The totally spontaneous shoot came about just one day after Demi’s great-grandfather Buddy Moore sadly passed away, and the topic of life and being truly confident was at the forefront of her mind.
“If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the past day, it’s that life is too short,” she told Vanity Fair.
“I’m about to launch an album that finally represents who I truly am. How do I embrace this new chapter in my life? How do I really walk the walk? What does it mean to be confident?”
Demi went on to say she wanted to show her “authentic”, “real” self, and that’s where the idea for the photo shoot came from.
“What if we do a photo shoot where it’s totally raw? Super-sexy, but no makeup, no fancy lighting, no retouching, and no clothing. Let’s do it here, let’s do it now,” she said.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019