When he made the move to France, Dan Carter said it was a chance to try a life he never thought he’d have the opportunity to.
And aside from the killer pay packet, isn’t it every Kiwis dream to live in Europe for a couple of years?
Dan is certainly taking advantage of the European dream, and since he’s moved to Paris has enjoyed countless trips across the French countryside with his young family.
And this week, the Racing 92 star has been enjoying a late autumn break in sunny Italy, along with wife Honor Carter.
Sharing sneak peeks into his holiday album on Instagram, Dan posted clips of him and Honor cycling along country roads, dipping their feet in the sea and looking windswept on the beach.
Dan Carter became the best paid rugby player around with his move to the Top 14 rugby side in 2016, on a salary of $2.6 million dollars a year.
Of the move, Dan said: “I’ve got a young family, and that definitely comes into play as the most important thing, and at the stage we’re at, it’s the perfect opportunity to experience living outside New Zealand.”
The star admitted that Paris was one of his favourite cities, and in April said he and the family were settling in nicely to Parisian life.
“I'm a lot more settled now, feeling like we have our little local restaurants and our favourite markets to go to, we're a lot more settled now,” Dan told press earlier this year.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020