When he made the move to France, Dan Carter said it was a chance to try a life he never thought he’d have the opportunity to.
And aside from the killer pay packet, isn’t it every Kiwis dream to live in Europe for a couple of years?
Dan is certainly taking advantage of the European dream, and since he’s moved to Paris has enjoyed countless trips across the French countryside with his young family.
And this week, the Racing 92 star has been enjoying a late autumn break in sunny Italy, along with wife Honor Carter.
Sharing sneak peeks into his holiday album on Instagram, Dan posted clips of him and Honor cycling along country roads, dipping their feet in the sea and looking windswept on the beach.
Dan Carter became the best paid rugby player around with his move to the Top 14 rugby side in 2016, on a salary of $2.6 million dollars a year.
Of the move, Dan said: “I’ve got a young family, and that definitely comes into play as the most important thing, and at the stage we’re at, it’s the perfect opportunity to experience living outside New Zealand.”
The star admitted that Paris was one of his favourite cities, and in April said he and the family were settling in nicely to Parisian life.
“I'm a lot more settled now, feeling like we have our little local restaurants and our favourite markets to go to, we're a lot more settled now,” Dan told press earlier this year.
- BodyGemma McCaw's tips on how to get your best ever beach body
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019