This article may contain spoilers.
Coronation Street actress Tina O’Brien has been celebrating this week, after scooping a Royal Television Society Award for Best Performance.
The Coro star, who reprised her role as Sarah Platt in early 2015 after an eight year hiatus from the show, beat out stiff competition to win Best Performance in a Continuing Drama.
Getting recognition for her portrayal of a woman going through serious mental health issues, Tina walked away from the event in Manchester with the prestigious prize.
Fellow Coro star Jane Danson, who plays Leanne Battersby, was quick to congratulate Tina, saying she “certainly doesn’t mind losing to this fabulous lady.”
Taking to her Instagram page after her win, Tina shared a snap of her award, with the caption:
“So proud to win at the RTS awards. A massive thank you to @ninarochford for my gorgeous hair and makeup and to @emilyuppt for kicking me into shape at @upfitnesslive.”
Her friend and co-star, Kym Marsh, shared her joy at the win, writing: “Congratulations to my lovely friend on a truly deserved award!! You have been smashing it kid xx.”
O’Brien attended the awards with her fiancé Adam Crofts, who she’s been dating since 2011. The couple became engaged earlier this year, with the actress telling OK! magazine: “We couldn’t be any happier. I feel like the luckiest woman on the planet, I really do. Adam’s my best friend.”
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019