The Coronation Street actress who was sacked for lying about her age has landed a top soap role, two years after being dropped from the show.
Katie Redford was hired by ITV back in 2014, to play teenage newcomer Bethany Platt in Coro.
But at the last minute, Katie was dropped by the network after it came to light she had lied about her age – pretending to be 19 when in fact she was 25.
Luckily for Katie, her name hasn’t been tarnished too much, as she has now landed a role in the long-running radio show The Archers.
Katie will now play a “Hermoine Granger type” – Lily Pargetter.
When asked about her character, Katie described her as: “Extremely bright, confident, social butterfly with quite a charming wit to her.
“Despite her youth, she’s been through an awful lot and I think she’s developed a much thicker skin due to tragic past events.
“I also think she’s fiercely loyal. Her Mum and twin, Freddie, mean the world to her.”
After being sacked from Coro back in 2014, Katie received plenty of online vitriol – even though her agent later admitting the plan to lie was all her idea.
She has since had roles in Doctors, Mount Pleasant and Young Hyacinth.
- TVHeartbreak Island Maiata's revenge: 'don't mess with me'
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00am
- At homeThis Wānaka home has full height sliding doors to maximise the expansive views
Now To LoveAug 16, 2022
- Celebrity NewsNicola's family strength: 'we'll survive anything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyAug 16, 2022
- TVThe Block Redemption's Quinn and Ben: 'we've learnt from our mistakes'
Woman's DayAug 16, 2022
- CompetitionsSign up to the Woman's Day newsletter and you could win a Saben Tilly bag
Woman's DayAug 11, 2022