The Coronation Street actress who was sacked for lying about her age has landed a top soap role, two years after being dropped from the show.
Katie Redford was hired by ITV back in 2014, to play teenage newcomer Bethany Platt in Coro.
But at the last minute, Katie was dropped by the network after it came to light she had lied about her age – pretending to be 19 when in fact she was 25.
Luckily for Katie, her name hasn’t been tarnished too much, as she has now landed a role in the long-running radio show The Archers.
Katie will now play a “Hermoine Granger type” – Lily Pargetter.
When asked about her character, Katie described her as: “Extremely bright, confident, social butterfly with quite a charming wit to her.
“Despite her youth, she’s been through an awful lot and I think she’s developed a much thicker skin due to tragic past events.
“I also think she’s fiercely loyal. Her Mum and twin, Freddie, mean the world to her.”
After being sacked from Coro back in 2014, Katie received plenty of online vitriol – even though her agent later admitting the plan to lie was all her idea.
She has since had roles in Doctors, Mount Pleasant and Young Hyacinth.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019