The Coronation Street actress who was sacked for lying about her age has landed a top soap role, two years after being dropped from the show.
Katie Redford was hired by ITV back in 2014, to play teenage newcomer Bethany Platt in Coro.
But at the last minute, Katie was dropped by the network after it came to light she had lied about her age – pretending to be 19 when in fact she was 25.
Luckily for Katie, her name hasn’t been tarnished too much, as she has now landed a role in the long-running radio show The Archers.
Katie will now play a “Hermoine Granger type” – Lily Pargetter.
When asked about her character, Katie described her as: “Extremely bright, confident, social butterfly with quite a charming wit to her.
“Despite her youth, she’s been through an awful lot and I think she’s developed a much thicker skin due to tragic past events.
“I also think she’s fiercely loyal. Her Mum and twin, Freddie, mean the world to her.”
After being sacked from Coro back in 2014, Katie received plenty of online vitriol – even though her agent later admitting the plan to lie was all her idea.
She has since had roles in Doctors, Mount Pleasant and Young Hyacinth.
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019