The Coronation Street actress who was sacked for lying about her age has landed a top soap role, two years after being dropped from the show.
Katie Redford was hired by ITV back in 2014, to play teenage newcomer Bethany Platt in Coro.
But at the last minute, Katie was dropped by the network after it came to light she had lied about her age – pretending to be 19 when in fact she was 25.
Luckily for Katie, her name hasn’t been tarnished too much, as she has now landed a role in the long-running radio show The Archers.
Katie will now play a “Hermoine Granger type” – Lily Pargetter.
When asked about her character, Katie described her as: “Extremely bright, confident, social butterfly with quite a charming wit to her.
“Despite her youth, she’s been through an awful lot and I think she’s developed a much thicker skin due to tragic past events.
“I also think she’s fiercely loyal. Her Mum and twin, Freddie, mean the world to her.”
After being sacked from Coro back in 2014, Katie received plenty of online vitriol – even though her agent later admitting the plan to lie was all her idea.
She has since had roles in Doctors, Mount Pleasant and Young Hyacinth.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021