Employed by the rich and famous, housekeepers get to see some pretty interesting things.
Here, they share some of their craziest and funniest stories.
"I know for a fact that some of my co-workers try on the clients' clothes if they're left alone in the house. Some other cleaners always help themselves to food or even alcohol. Plus, there's just general snooping. If you leave important papers laying around, most of us are going to look to see how much you charge on your credit card, what you owe on your mortgage, or what your bank statement looks like."
"I've had husbands outright flirt with me. Some have even offered me money — clearly hinting that they'd hope to get something in return. I've had guys hire me and then call me to ask me out. I do consider myself an attractive woman, I just didn't realize how desperate some guys are."
"Two months after I started working for this millionaire, she got a goat — in addition to her 10 giant dogs. The dogs had access to the entire house. Soon enough, she started feeling bad about leaving the goat outside, so she started letting it sleep in her bed along with the dogs. I would go four times a week (for at least six hours a day) and spend the entire time just cleaning up after the animals. The goat peed on everything. It got to a point that was just too much. I cleaned everything with such attention to detail and she'd go back hours later — after the dogs and goat had been through again — and complain that I wasn't doing a good job. After a year, I had to drop her as a client."
"A client asked me to set up a filing system with crazy category names such as 'easiest way to kill someone without being traced', 'types of murder weapons,' and 'types of poisons'. At first I was horrified; then I found out that this client is a successful mystery writer."
"After working for nearly eight months for this one family, the wife accused me of breaking her mini blinds. I reminded her that they had been broken since I started, but she didn't believe me. She said I had to pay for new ones or she was going to dock my pay. I said it was unfair but she didn't care — she fired me on the spot."
Watch: Mariah Carey gets real about her relationship with James Packer
- FamilySamantha Hayes' baby Marlow joins her on the newsdesk and all we can say is awww!
Now To LoveToday 6:40pm
- RoyalsThe Sun's executive editor Kiwi Dan Wootton on his royal scoops and tabloid career
Now To LoveToday 2:45pm
- BodyWhy we should all be exercising our pelvic floor muscles every day
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry asks to simply be called ‘Harry’ during his first engagement since moving to Canada
Now To LoveYesterday 11:50am
- RoyalsThere has been a coronavirus scare at Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s school in London
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- WeddingsHappily ever after: Meet the Kiwi bride who has married herself
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:21am
- FamilyShe was my escape: Taylor Swift's heartbreak over her mum's health scare
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- WeddingsRebekah Palmer's dreamy summer wedding was a day full of surprises
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am