Chrissy Teigen is known for being open, raw and down-to-earth - from sharing candid images of her stretch marks to speaking out about her struggle to conceive, it seems nothing’s off limits for the much-loved star.
And now the supermodel has admitted to a rather bizarre cosmetic procedure… liposuction of the armpits.
“I had an armpit sucked out, which was one of the best things,” the mother-of-one told Refinery29. “It’s a big secret, but I don’t care. It was nine years ago or so. And I had two inches to my armpit. Now it’s back though, so now I’ve gotta pay for [liposuction] again.”
“It was so easy. It made me feel better in dresses; I felt more confident. It was the dumbest, stupidest thing I’ve ever done. The dumbest, but I like it, whatever. I have no regrets, honestly.”
The matter-of-fact comments follow news of Chrissy’s secret battle with postpartum depression. She welcomed her first child, a daughter named Luna Simone, in April 2016.
“I was different than before. Getting out of bed to get to set on time was painful. My lower back throbbed; my shoulders—even my wrists—hurt,” she wrote in an essay for Glamour magazine’s April cover story. “I didn’t have an appetite. I would go two days without a bite of food, and you know how big of a deal food is for me.”
The 31-year-old, who is often seen alongside her husband, John Legend, on the television series Lip Sync Battle, explained that after a series of misdiagnoses, finally having an explanation for her change in demeanor and physical pain left her relieved, happy even.
“I remember being so exhausted but happy to know that we could finally get on the path of getting better. John had that same excitement,” she writes.
Since her diagnosis, Chrissy has begun to tell the “truth to people who needed and wanted to know what was going on with her.” She’s also started taking an antidepressant, "which helped," she says.
Brava, Chrissy! We thank you for being so very honest.
This story originally appeared on Nowtolove.com.au
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019