Following Kim Kardashian’s announcement that she is considering using a surrogate for her third child, her close friend Chrissy Teigen has made a hugely generous offer.
“I would be her surrogate in a second,” the model and cookbook author told Access Hollywood.
“I really enjoyed the pregnancy process — I loved it. Yes. In a heartbeat.”
On Sunday’s episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kim revealed that she’s ready to expand her family, but her doctors warned her of the serious health risks of carrying another baby.
With her previous two children, Kim suffered pre-eclampsia and placenta accreta, high-risk pregnancy complications which resulted in serious issues with her uterus meaning a third pregnancy could cause her to bleed to death.
“I’ve come to the conclusion in my mind that I can’t carry another one. So now I want to explore surrogacy,” Kim told her mum Kris.
30-year-old Chrissy who is the mum of 7-month-old baby Luna, with husband John Legend, also has a personal understanding of how difficult the road to conception can be.
“I did IVF — science is miraculous these days, anything is possible,” said Chrissy.
“I hope whatever she does is gonna work out for the best, and it’s gonna be beautiful either way,” she said of Kim.
The Lip Sync Battle host also admitted that the rush against the biological clock is something she sees a lot of in her city of Los Angeles.
“For some reason, when I’m with my L.A. friends, they’re so worried about having a baby on time — ‘Am I too old for a baby?’” she revealed.
“In New York, people take their time, they get their career right, they do everything, they take it a little bit slower.”
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am