Chrissy Teigen has given birth to her first child, a baby girl named Luna Simone Stephens.
The model announced the news by sharing an image of her baby's chart on social media, which revealed she was born last Thursday, April 14, and weighs almost three kilograms.
"She's here! Luna Simone Stephens, we are so in love with you! And sleepy. Very sleepy," Chrissy added to her Instagram post.
While John Legend took to Twitter: "Our new love is here! Luna Simone Stephens, born on Thursday, the 14th. We couldn't be happier!"
Chrissy and her husband, Grammy-winning singer John Legend, announced the news of the pregnancy on Instagram six months ago, after being open about their struggle to conceive.
“We would have had kids five, six years ago if it happened, but my gosh – it’s been a process,” she revealed during an episode of The Fab Life last year.
“We’ve seen fertility doctors, and then once you open up about those things to other people, you start learning that a lot of other people in your life are seeing these people and they have this shame about it.”
Watch: Chrissy Teigen opens up about her fertility struggle
The couple were “so excited” to learn that their dreams of starting a family were finally a reality, with Chrissy writing: “As many of you know, we’ve been trying to have a baby for a while now. It hasn’t been easy, but we kept trying because we can’t wait to bring our first child into the world and grow our family.”
In February, the Lip Sync Battle host revealed she and John had made the decision to have a girl as they were undergoing in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
“Not only am I having a girl, but I picked the girl from her little embryo. I picked her and was like, ‘Let’s put in the girl,’” she told People.
However, the 30-year-old was quick to reassure fans that she and John were also planning to give their little girl a brother one day.
“I think I was most excited and allured by the fact that John would be the best father to a little girl,” she told the publication.
“A boy will come along. We’ll get there too, so it’s not like we really have to pick. But he definitely is very lucky to have a little girl. And this girl is going to be so completely lucky to have John as her papa – it’s crazy!”
Chrissy and John, 37, have been dating since 2007 and tied the knot in a stunning ceremony at Lake Como, Italy, in September 2013. The couple – whose growing family also includes four adorable dogs – recently splashed out $14.1 million (USD) for a family-sized mansion in Beverly Hills.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am