When Anna Faris and Chris Pratt announced they were splitting up after nearly nine years of marriage, the world was left gobsmacked. The duo had fast become one of the most adored couples in Hollywood, what with their red carpet antics and endless supply of laughs.
Anna, shortly after the release of a devastatingly sad joint statement confirming the bust-up, personally thanked her fans for all their support during the difficult time.
"Hey dear listeners, I just want to thank you all so much for all the love I've been receiving, and I truly love you," Anna said in her Unqualified podcast.
While answering a question for a woman struggling with her boyfriend and one of his co-workers, she later added: "Don't be afraid of the future. You're young. You're in L.A….There's a lot of amazing people out there. Don't feel afraid to feel your independence if things aren't right."
And now, some eight months later, Chris is finally opening up about the shock split. He's also touched on what it's like co-parenting his and Anna's five-year-old son, Jack.
"Divorce sucks. But at the end of the day, we've got a great kid who's got two parents who love him very much. And we're finding a way to navigate this while still remaining friends and still being kind to one another," he told Entertainment Weekly. "It's not ideal, but yeah, I think both of us are actually probably doing better."
In August last year, Chris and Anna announced in a joint statement that they were calling it a day after eight years of marriage.
"We tried hard for a long time, and we're really disappointed. Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward," the statement read.
"We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another."
Anna had previously confessed that having a relationship in the spotlight comes with its own set of unique difficulties. She spoke on the matter in one of the episodes of her podcast.
"My long-distance relationship with Chris, I wouldn't describe it as that, but we do spend a lot of time apart," she mused.
"But the advantage of that is it makes you so appreciate the time you have together, and you really, really value that. … And you don't want to waste it fighting, and you know, like, all the minutiae. It's a high price to pay, you know, but it is a benefit. A silver lining."
Would somebody please pass the tissues?
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019