Divorce is a bureaucratic and messy and emotional process but amongst all that nonsense, Anna Faris and Chris Pratt have had a very specific rule written into their settlement.
The exes, who were married for eight years and have a six-year-old son Jack together, have agreed under the deal to never, or at least until Jack finishes sixth grade, live more than five miles apart from one another.
In New Zealand terms, sixth grade is the last year of Intermediate school.
According to papers seen by TMZ, if either of the parents, who have a 'flexible timeshare' of custody, want to move, they have to give the other party three months' written notice. They also have to give the other 30 days' notice if they want to travel out of the country with Jack.
By all accounts the divorce has been rather amicable. Anna and Chris were recently photographed together with Jack doing some trick-or-treating along with their respective partners. Anna is dating cinematographer Michael Barrett and Chris is dating Katherine Schwarzenegger, daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
It's clear the pair are trying hard to remain friends for the sake of their son, and by putting the five mile clause into their settlement, are doing what is best for him. The divorce agreement also set child support to zero, which means both parents pay into a bank account for Jack's monthly expenses.
"Divorce sucks," Chris told *Entertainment Weekly*. But at the end of the day, we've got a great kid who's got two parents who love him very much. And we're finding a way to navigate this while still remaining friends and still being kind to one another. It's not ideal, but yeah, I think both of us are actually probably doing better."
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars: It's only going to get harder from here on in, says Carol-Ann Hanna
Now To LoveYesterday 2:11pm
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayYesterday 11:20am
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayYesterday 11:08am
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 20, 2019
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveMay 20, 2019
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayMay 20, 2019