After shining as the epitome of the perfect Hollywood couple for almost nine years, Channing Tatum and his wife Jenna Dewan Tatum have released a statement confirming their split.
The couple, both aged 37, released the below statement to PEOPLE confirming their breakup.
In the statement the pair confirm the decision was mutual and there was "no secrets nor salacious events at the root" of it. They also shared they will be remaining "loving dedicated parents" to their daughter, 4-year-old Everly and will not be making any further comments beyond their original statement.
Read the statement in full below.
One of the reasons this split has come as such a blow is because we thought we knew this couple inside and out thanks to a long history of oversharing.
The couple, who met on the set of the 2006 dance film Step Up and wed in 2009, have always been open about their passionate relationship.
In fact, the actress has divulged quite a bit about her sex life with Channing in the January 2017 issue of Cosmopolitan.
Speaking to the publication Jenna said, "We definitely have a very happy and healthy [sex life]. Something about being a dancer connects you to your physical body. It's primal, earthy, sexual energy by nature."
She added: "You feel your body in a certain way. Channing is very much the same way. He's very in tune with that."
This wasn't the first time the loved-up couple have made headlines about their sex lives.
During a Q&A at the Cannes Lions in June 2016, Channing revealed, "Me and sex are friends. We're animals. It's not a means. It's something that enriches your life… it's one of the clearest ways that we communicate, it boils things down to a very primal level."
On Jenna's 36th birthday, Channing shared a beautiful picture of him cuddling his other half, framed by a rainbow in the background.
"I'm not sure if this woman is my Rainbow or my pot of gold but I'm lucky either way," he captioned the sweet snap. "Happy birthday cake baby!" he penned.
Jenna has previously spoken about what it takes to have a happy marriage.
"I think it's important to be conscious about giving everyone equal attention," the 36-year-old told People earlier this year.
"I'll think, 'Okay, I've been with my daughter a lot, so Channing and I need a date night. Some days I am better at it than others, but I just try to figure it out. Like everyone else! But I do think it's important to consciously think about it."
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020