During an interview, Celine Dion has revealed that she has never been with any man other than her husband, the late René Angéli.
“I'm still married to him. I've never kissed another man in my life,” confessed the 48-year-old.
The singer’s husband tragically passed away in January this year, after a long battle with cancer. The pair had been married for 21 years.
“Before he left, it was very, very difficult for all of us - for me, especially, and my children - to see the man of my life die a little bit more every day. The man of my life was my partner, and we were one. So, when he stopped suffering, I said to myself: ‘He's okay, and he deserves not to suffer.’”
When asked by the interviewer if she is wanting to find love again, she said no.
“I love. I love. I love him. I'm still in love with him. And I have the love of my children. I have the love of my fans. I love the people that I work with. So, my life is not empty of love. I go to bed with him and I come onstage with him, and...so, I'm still married to him.”
Celine met Rene when she was only 12 years old, when he became her manager. He was 38 years old.
“I thought he looked very beautiful,” Said Celine, reminiscing on meeting her future husband for the first time.
“He looked great. I felt confident that this man was not treating me as a ‘Oh, hi, little pumpkin’ or ‘Hi, little sweetie’ or like a little baby.”
The pair began dating seven years later when she was 19 years old and he was 45.
They were married in Montreal's Notre-Dame Basilica in 1994, and went on to have three children
- FamilyHappy birthday Neve! New Zealand's First Baby turns one!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FitnessAdele’s taken up a new healthy hobby and it’s helped her lose more than 6kg
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- RelationshipsOlympic rower Emma Twigg's whirlwind proposal: 'When you know, you know'
Woman's DayToday 10:00am
- FitnessSilver Swans: the ballet class for dancers aged 55-plus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:15am
- CompetitionsBe in to win the trip of a lifetime to Italy with Jo Seagar!
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsMike Tindall makes the Queen laugh when he reveals what's hiding under his top hat
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsA woman is in hospital after an accident involving Prince William and Duchess Catherine's royal convoy
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Real LifeJoyous news! Sub title technology for the hearing impaired is being trialled at NZ cinemas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsRoyal ladies in blue! See all the gorgeous outfits from the first day of Royal Ascot 2019
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- MindGemma McCaw's 6 steps to being confident in your own skin
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesJun 18, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveJun 18, 2019