Former What Now presenter and fashion blogger Carolyn Taylor has tied the knot with her fiancé, physiotherapist Wes Keep, in a surprise ceremony in beautiful Lake Tekapo.
The lovebirds kept their wedding plans a secret by telling all the guests they were invited to a simple engagement party. Little did they know, the couple had a bigger bombshell in store!
Carolyn and Wes both revealed the happy news on social media over the weekend.
“Last Wednesday we snuck to Tekapo with our families and I got hitched to the love of my life,” Carolyn captioned one photo from the magical day.
Wes shared his own snapshot of the couple emerging from the chapel, writing, “On Wednesday I snuck away to lake tekapo and married this hottie. More than a little chuffed.”
The bride looked stunning in a long-sleeved gown from New Zealand label Ruby, who also created a custom two-piece outfit for her to wear at the couple’s reception.
“I felt like a princess marrying my prince in this dress,” Carolyn gushed.
The blonde beauty got engaged to her now-husband in June, after years of being single. When Woman’s Day caught up with Carolyn earlier this year, she told us that she had been waiting a long time to find ‘the one’.
“I’m in my mid-30s, so lots of my friends were getting married and asking, ‘What’s the matter? Why haven’t you met someone?’ But now I’ve finally actually met the person I want to spend my life with and he’s added this whole new layer to who I am as a person,” she said.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsHow I broke free from my emotionally abusive relationship
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 21, 2020
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 20, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesFeb 20, 2020