Former What Now presenter and fashion blogger Carolyn Taylor has tied the knot with her fiancé, physiotherapist Wes Keep, in a surprise ceremony in beautiful Lake Tekapo.
The lovebirds kept their wedding plans a secret by telling all the guests they were invited to a simple engagement party. Little did they know, the couple had a bigger bombshell in store!
Carolyn and Wes both revealed the happy news on social media over the weekend.
“Last Wednesday we snuck to Tekapo with our families and I got hitched to the love of my life,” Carolyn captioned one photo from the magical day.
Wes shared his own snapshot of the couple emerging from the chapel, writing, “On Wednesday I snuck away to lake tekapo and married this hottie. More than a little chuffed.”
The bride looked stunning in a long-sleeved gown from New Zealand label Ruby, who also created a custom two-piece outfit for her to wear at the couple’s reception.
“I felt like a princess marrying my prince in this dress,” Carolyn gushed.
The blonde beauty got engaged to her now-husband in June, after years of being single. When Woman’s Day caught up with Carolyn earlier this year, she told us that she had been waiting a long time to find ‘the one’.
“I’m in my mid-30s, so lots of my friends were getting married and asking, ‘What’s the matter? Why haven’t you met someone?’ But now I’ve finally actually met the person I want to spend my life with and he’s added this whole new layer to who I am as a person,” she said.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021