Former What Now presenter and fashion blogger Carolyn Taylor has tied the knot with her fiancé, physiotherapist Wes Keep, in a surprise ceremony in beautiful Lake Tekapo.
The lovebirds kept their wedding plans a secret by telling all the guests they were invited to a simple engagement party. Little did they know, the couple had a bigger bombshell in store!
Carolyn and Wes both revealed the happy news on social media over the weekend.
“Last Wednesday we snuck to Tekapo with our families and I got hitched to the love of my life,” Carolyn captioned one photo from the magical day.
Wes shared his own snapshot of the couple emerging from the chapel, writing, “On Wednesday I snuck away to lake tekapo and married this hottie. More than a little chuffed.”
The bride looked stunning in a long-sleeved gown from New Zealand label Ruby, who also created a custom two-piece outfit for her to wear at the couple’s reception.
“I felt like a princess marrying my prince in this dress,” Carolyn gushed.
The blonde beauty got engaged to her now-husband in June, after years of being single. When Woman’s Day caught up with Carolyn earlier this year, she told us that she had been waiting a long time to find ‘the one’.
“I’m in my mid-30s, so lots of my friends were getting married and asking, ‘What’s the matter? Why haven’t you met someone?’ But now I’ve finally actually met the person I want to spend my life with and he’s added this whole new layer to who I am as a person,” she said.
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
- Diet & NutritionA nutritionist's advice for what to do if your weight fluctuates as much as your mood
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- BodyGemma McCaw's tips on how to get your best ever beach body
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019