America’s sweetheart Cameron Diaz has revealed she believed that she’d never get married after she hit the age of 40.
In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, the actress was asked what’s something new that she’d tried in recent years that took her by surprise. Her answer? Marriage to her now-husband Benji Madden.
“I got married last year,” the 43-year-old shared with the magazine. “That was the biggest thing I’ve done in my 40s, and it opened me up in different ways.
“It’s pretty awesome,” the bubbly blonde continues. “I didn’t think it was something I’d do, and I don’t know if I’d have done it if I hadn’t met my husband. It was a surprise.”
The pair met just a few months before they got hitched in January 2015.
She says when she first met her hubby to be, she thought he was “super hot”.
“It was one of those things where everyone tells you, “You just know when you know,’” she said. “I was like, ‘What does that mean? Oh, I get it! You just know when you know!’ Like, ‘You’re my husband.'”
And while the star has dated a slew of other men before she wed (including Justin Timberlake and Jared Leto), she says they all faded into nothing when she met The One.
“Nothing matters now that I have my husband,” Cameron said in a recent interview. “I don’t even remember any of that. “That’s how I know he’s my husband, because no one compares."
Cam chats about making the most of her 40s. Post continues below.*
The actor has been out and about to promote her new book The Longevity Book, a tome about the art of growing older that offers steps women can take to maintain their health and resilience as they age.
She told Harper’s Bazaar that since she hit her 40s, she’s shocked by how her body has changed.
“Your body changes in so many little ways. It doesn’t react the way it used to,” she confesses. “I didn’t get the results that I used to as easily as I once did. Now I look at myself and realise, ‘Oh right, I’m in this time now in my life where I have to be thoughtful. If I slack off, things don’t come back so easily. I have to be committed.'”
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019