Since tying the knot in 2015, Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden have been desperately trying to add a little one into their party of two. “[Cam] is doing everything she can to get pregnant, like working out and eating fertility-boosting foods, and she’s even resorted to scheduling sex,” an insider told Life & Style magazine just months after their wedding.
Now at last, more than two years on from their nuptials, the couple’s baby dreams may be coming true. After relentless fertility treatments left the pair exhausted and emotional, a friend of Cam and Benji has revealed to US OK! magazine that they’re looking into adoption.
“They were so locked into the idea of conceiving, but they ended up constantly crushed,” the pal tells the publication. “Opening up to this possibility has lifted a weight off their shoulders. They’re ecstatic.”
Cam, 44, and her 38-year-old rocker husband - who is a doting uncle to his brother Joel's two kids, Harlow and Sparrow - are looking within the States for an adoption agency. They're said to be searching for a little boy to bring joy to their lives... and, spills the insider, they’ve already picked out a name.
“Cam wants to name him Emilio.” It’s a touching tribute to her dad Emilio, who passed away in 2008.
The past 24 months have been a trying time for Cam and Benji, who have struggled with reported fertility issues. “Cam has gone through at least two rounds of IVF, neither successful,” an insider revealed to OK! exclusively in 2016. “She says it was brutal on her body. [She] gained weight and her moods fluctuated wildly.”
Now, with their baby plans set into motion and her loving husband by her side, Cameron couldn’t be happier. “This is what real love is,” she gushed to Hello magazine last year. “This is what real commitment and devotion is. This is the person you build your life with."
This story originally appeared on Now To Love
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019