Since tying the knot in 2015, Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden have been desperately trying to add a little one into their party of two. “[Cam] is doing everything she can to get pregnant, like working out and eating fertility-boosting foods, and she’s even resorted to scheduling sex,” an insider told Life & Style magazine just months after their wedding.
Now at last, more than two years on from their nuptials, the couple’s baby dreams may be coming true. After relentless fertility treatments left the pair exhausted and emotional, a friend of Cam and Benji has revealed to US OK! magazine that they’re looking into adoption.
“They were so locked into the idea of conceiving, but they ended up constantly crushed,” the pal tells the publication. “Opening up to this possibility has lifted a weight off their shoulders. They’re ecstatic.”
Cam, 44, and her 38-year-old rocker husband - who is a doting uncle to his brother Joel's two kids, Harlow and Sparrow - are looking within the States for an adoption agency. They're said to be searching for a little boy to bring joy to their lives... and, spills the insider, they’ve already picked out a name.
“Cam wants to name him Emilio.” It’s a touching tribute to her dad Emilio, who passed away in 2008.
The past 24 months have been a trying time for Cam and Benji, who have struggled with reported fertility issues. “Cam has gone through at least two rounds of IVF, neither successful,” an insider revealed to OK! exclusively in 2016. “She says it was brutal on her body. [She] gained weight and her moods fluctuated wildly.”
Now, with their baby plans set into motion and her loving husband by her side, Cameron couldn’t be happier. “This is what real love is,” she gushed to Hello magazine last year. “This is what real commitment and devotion is. This is the person you build your life with."
This story originally appeared on Now To Love
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020