It looks like the split between Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris has officially taken a nasty turn, as the music producer and DJ took to Twitter to air out his feelings concerning her new beau, Tom Hiddleston.
The controversy all started over an article revealing Taylor had a hand in writing Calvin’s hit with Rihanna, ‘This Is What You Came For’, which a rep for the singer confirmed to People. At the time, she was still with Calvin and and was credited as a songwriter under the pseudonym 'Nils Sjoberg'.
Tweeting out a link to the article, Calvin initially complimented his pop star ex-flame on her vocals and lyric-writing abilities, before posting a series of takedowns aimed squarely at the ‘Shake It Off’ singer.
First, he clarified her involvement in the song and revealed she was the one who wanted to keep her part in it a secret, not him.
“Hurtful to me at this point that her and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though,” he wrote.
“I figure if you’re happy in your new relationship you should focus on that instead of trying to tear your ex bf down for something to do.”
That wasn’t all, however. Calvin then moved on to reference Taylor’s seemingly endless feuds with rumoured rival Katy Perry, tweeting:
“I know you’re off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC, but I’m not that guy, sorry. I won’t allow it.
“Please focus on the positive aspects of YOUR life because you’ve earned a great one.”
Taylor’s budding new romance with English actor Tom Hiddleston has been the talk of the town, as the jet-setting pair engaged in serious PDA all around the world.
Watch: Tom Hiddleston refuses to answer questions about Taylor Swift
Most recently, the couple touched down in Australia where Tom is on location filming Thor: Ragnarok, which is being helmed by Kiwi director Taika Waititi.
Taylor has yet to respond on her own social media, but we’re betting the star could be saving up all of her best insults for another chart-topping hit song.
As for Katy, many fans are wondering whether the singer’s curiously timed tweet of a Hillary Clinton gif, where the presidential candidate looks seriously unimpressed, is her own reaction to being dragged into the breakup drama between Calvin and Taylor.
The brunette beauty later retweeted her own post from May 2015, where she wrote: “Time, the ultimate truth teller.”
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019