Nothing is going to stop Turia Pitt.
The inspirational woman – who just completed her first ironman triathlon in Port Macquarie – is set to take on yet another gruelling challenge, the Ironman World Championship.
“It’s exciting but a little bit terrifying at the same time,” she told Confidential.
“It was one of those things where I’ll have a crack and it’s another personal challenge. I feel like a lot of people got inspired by Port Macquarie and if it inspires others that’s great.”
Turia suffered severe burns to 65 per cent of her body when she was caught in a bushfire while running an ultra-marathon in Western Australia back in 2011.
She has since become an inspiration to people from across the world - mainly due to her belief that she won't let her burns stop her from living the life she wants to lead.
Turia, who got engaged to long term partner Michael Hoskin last year, graced the cover of The Australian Women's Weekly in 2015 - telling them "I'm the luckiest girl in the world."
The dedicated athlete credits her partner Michael for giving her the strength to continue after the bushfire in 2011, which changed her life forever.
Michael, who has known Turia since school, said he had planned to propose since he sat by her bedside in intensive care.
“When Turia was in intensive care after her accident, I went out and bought a diamond ring,” Michael says. “I showed it to my dad as we stood by her hospital bedside and said, “If she lives, I am going to marry her.” Dad just looked at me and said, ‘Good on you, mate’.”
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019