Brad Pitt is currently under investigation for child abuse by the FBI, following allegations he was drunk, "verbally abusive" and became "physical" with one of his children while on board a flight with his family, according to a TMZ report.
Meanwhile, a source close to the star is claiming to People magazine that Brad Pitt did not strike his son Maddox (15) during a heated mid-flight argument with Angelina Jolie last week.
According to the source, Brad was “was drunk”, and there was an argument between him and Angelina.
"There was a parent-child argument which was not handled in the right way and escalated more than it should have,” the source told People.
"He is emphatic that it did not reach the level of physical abuse, that no one was physically harmed.
“He did not hit his child in the face in any way. He did not do that; he is emphatic about that. He put his hands on him, yes, because the confrontation was spiraling out of control."
Watch what we know so far about Brangelina's divorce.
The couple separated September 15, just one day after the incident and Angelina filed for divorce this week.
Officially, Angelina cited irreconcilable differences as the reasoning behind the divorce.
The source alleges that the claims are being used to weaken the actor’s case.
"He takes the matter very seriously and says he did not commit any abuse of his children. It's unfortunate that people involved are continuing to present him in the worst possible light."
While the pair have six children together, Angelina has requested sole physical custody of the couple's six children - Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
According to the report, Brad hasn’t spoken to Angelina since she filed for divorce, and hasn’t seen his kids for several days.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019