Joseph Parker and Laine Tavita celebrated the arrival of their new baby daughter this week, although the heavyweight champion hasn’t had a chance to meet her, just yet.
Baby Elizabeth Ah-Sue Sala Parker was born last Monday, and both mum and baby are back home now and doing well, according to NZME.
Joseph, who is currently in Las Vegas to prepare for what will be the biggest fight of his career, said he was looking forward to seeing his daughter when he returns home.
“It would have been nice to have been there to see her when she arrived, but I'm pretty focused on the task ahead.
"It's a blessing to have a daughter and I look forward to meeting her when I get back to New Zealand next week."
The new father, who will fight Andy Ruiz Jr at Vector Arena on December 10, also missed his mother's 50th and wasn't able to attend his sister's wedding because of training demands.
The boxer, who watched the wedding via Skype, marked the occasion with a special blessing for Elizabeth and her new husband Fonua Fuavao which he posted to social media sites.
The proud parents have paid tribute to Joseph’s family naming their new daughter after both his sister Elizabeth, and his mother Sala.
While the upcoming boxing bout could take the heavy weight champion to a world title ranking, Joseph said missing the special occasions had been hard but he'd used the emotions as fuel.
"It's given me extra motivation to train harder for the fight," he said. "I want to win but also training hard for them because I've missed these special occasions."
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019