Joseph Parker and Laine Tavita celebrated the arrival of their new baby daughter this week, although the heavyweight champion hasn’t had a chance to meet her, just yet.
Baby Elizabeth Ah-Sue Sala Parker was born last Monday, and both mum and baby are back home now and doing well, according to NZME.
Joseph, who is currently in Las Vegas to prepare for what will be the biggest fight of his career, said he was looking forward to seeing his daughter when he returns home.
“It would have been nice to have been there to see her when she arrived, but I'm pretty focused on the task ahead.
"It's a blessing to have a daughter and I look forward to meeting her when I get back to New Zealand next week."
The new father, who will fight Andy Ruiz Jr at Vector Arena on December 10, also missed his mother's 50th and wasn't able to attend his sister's wedding because of training demands.
The boxer, who watched the wedding via Skype, marked the occasion with a special blessing for Elizabeth and her new husband Fonua Fuavao which he posted to social media sites.
The proud parents have paid tribute to Joseph’s family naming their new daughter after both his sister Elizabeth, and his mother Sala.
While the upcoming boxing bout could take the heavy weight champion to a world title ranking, Joseph said missing the special occasions had been hard but he'd used the emotions as fuel.
"It's given me extra motivation to train harder for the fight," he said. "I want to win but also training hard for them because I've missed these special occasions."
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019