Champion boxer Joseph Parker and his childhood sweetheart Laine Tavita have welcomed a baby daughter, but the athlete is yet to meet his precious new child.
Baby Elizabeth Ah-Sue Sala Parker was born last Monday, and both mum and baby are back home now and doing well, according to NZME.
Parker shared a sweet snap of his little girl on Instagram.
Joseph, who is currently in Las Vegas to prepare for what will be the biggest fight of his career, said he was looking forward to seeing his daughter when he returns home.
“It would have been nice to have been there to see her when she arrived, but I'm pretty focused on the task ahead.
"It's a blessing to have a daughter and I look forward to meeting her when I get back to New Zealand next week."
The new father, who will fight Andy Ruiz Jr at Vector Arena on December 10, also missed his mother Sala's 50th and wasn't able to attend his sister Elizabeth's wedding because of training demands.
The boxer, who watched the wedding via Skype, marked the occasion with a special blessing for Elizabeth and her new husband Fonua Fuavao which he posted to social media sites.
The proud new parents have paid tribute to Joseph’s family naming their new daughter after both his sister Elizabeth, and his mother Sala.
While the upcoming boxing bout could take the heavy weight champion to a world title ranking, Joseph said missing the special occasions had been hard but he'd used the emotions as fuel.
"It's given me extra motivation to train harder for the fight," he said. "I want to win but also training hard for them because I've missed these special occasions."
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019