They’ve hung up their dancing shoes but that doesn’t mean Bindi and Derek’s friendship is over!
Derek Hough, who was Bindi Irwin’s dance partner on Dancing with the Stars US, visited the Aussie superstar at her family’s Australia Zoo.
Bindi shared the snap on her Instagram account, writing, “So happy to get to introduce you to our world here in Australia! You are officially a Wildlife Warrior. Bring on the adventure!”
Bindi, 17, revealed on Sunrise a few days earlier that she had named a koala after him.
"I am excited because Derek will be visiting Australia very soon to meet his own name sake," she said.
Australia Zoo also shared a photograph of the koala himself on Instagram, captioning the photograph: “Check out @derekhough the koala! Although he may not be as smooth on the dance floor or as light on his feet as his namesake, he sure is good at melting hearts!”
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019