Ben Affleck's unusually candid rant on Bill Simmon's talk show already gained plenty of attention last week, but now the actor is under the spotlight again for his comments about his notorious split from Jennifer Lopez.
During his appearance on the show, the 43-year-old actor and director seemed to hint that his high-profile relationship and breakup from JLo was partly to blame for his professional stumbles over the years that followed.
Watch Ben Affleck recalling his breakup with Jennifer Lopez in the video below - story continues after the video
Speaking about the lowest point of his career, Ben said, "If you went by what people said … I wasn't cool and I wasn't talented, and I was, like, the lowest rung of cool and talented that you could possibly be in the public consciousness at that time."
"I had broken up with Jennifer Lopez and I had, like, three or four movies in a row that had bombed."
Those films included Gigli, Jersey Girl and Surviving Christmas.
As we know, Ben's career came back in a big way and he went on to direct box office hits such as Gone Baby Gone and The Town, ultimately winning an Oscar for his work in Argo.
Is Ben spiraling out of control? Watch his profanity-filled rant here. Post continues below.
But the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actor acknowledges he didn't achieve all that on his own.
"My wife was really instrumental and helpful in me doing a lot of that work because I was just so focused [on it] and it was harder to balance family and all that," Ben said of Jennifer Garner.
Ben and his wife of 10 years are going through a somewhat nasty divorce, with sources recently revealing the actor had called an intense meeting to discuss how their rocky relationship was being portrayed in the press.
Meanwhile, the mother-of-three seems unaffected by the reports surrounding her split.
She looked in high spirits as she was spotted chatting to friends outside an LA church on Sunday.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019