Just days after marking their 10 year wedding anniversary, Hollywood power couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have confirmed they have split.
"After much thought and careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to divorce," the couple told People in a joint statement.
"We go forward with love and friendship for one another and a commitment to co-parenting our children whose privacy we ask to be respected during this difficult time. This will be our only comment on this private, family matter. Thank you for understanding."
The couple first met on the set of the 2001 blockbuster Pearl Harbour, and later co-starred on the superhero flick Daredevil in 2003, where they fell in love.
The two made their first official appearance together as a couple in October 2004, and they have since welcomed three children together - Violet, 9, Seraphina, 6 and Samuel, 3.
In December, Ben told Loaded he credited Jennifer for helping him turn his career around with the critically acclaimed 2006 film Hollywoodland, which came after a series of flops in the actor's career.
"Getting to know Jennifer, falling in love with her and being connected with her gave me a foundation to reach out and say, okay, I'm going to do Hollywoodland," he told the magazine.
"I'm going to direct Gone Baby Gone. Those were the steps forward I needed to put positive stuff on the board."
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019