On The Bachelor NZ, their fairytale romance survived 20 lovelorn bachelorettes determined to come between them. And since falling madly in love in the public eye, the beautiful duo has endured countless rumours their gorgeous bond is no more than a TV stunt.
So when Arthur Green and Matilda Rice tell Woman’s Day there’s been tension in their relationship, it’s surprising to hear a diet and exercise manual is to blame.
But when sexy, sculpted Art embarked on penning his first book, Eat Clean Live Lean – a healthy-living guide dedicated to the Paleo nutrition regime – his writing debut meant he had to sacrifice precious moments with his gorgeous girlfriend.
“It took up a lot of time,” says business owner Art, 27, “Trying to focus on writing while managing my Clean Paleo work and, most importantly, finding time to spend Matty was really tough.
“We’d compromise and I’d go and write at her house, but she was the worst distraction.”
With their minor, relationship speed wobble behind them, however – and Art’s book now on shelves – the lovebirds are free to enjoy their first long, hot summer together.
But it’s not all sunbathing and lounging by the pool for the genetically-blessed pair, who are keeping up their fitness regime while on holiday.
And with tennis games, joint gym sessions and running all on the schedule, there’s no wonder beach babe Matilda’s looking in tip-top shape.
“I’ve been pretty good with my eating and exercise because I’m on the summer shred,” says Matilda, 25, who has switched to a Paleo diet, which puts an emphasis on eating low-carb wholefoods, since dating Art.
“I’m as disciplined as possible with food and I work out a lot more than I used to, which I actually enjoy because Art’s always so active and up for anything, so exercising doesn’t feel like a chore any more.
“Art’s taught me lots about balance. He’s helped me see that dieting is silly, and your focus should be health and overall wellbeing instead.”
Read the full story on Art and Matilda in this week's Woman's Day.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019