On The Bachelor NZ, their fairytale romance survived 20 lovelorn bachelorettes determined to come between them. And since falling madly in love in the public eye, the beautiful duo has endured countless rumours their gorgeous bond is no more than a TV stunt.
So when Arthur Green and Matilda Rice tell Woman’s Day there’s been tension in their relationship, it’s surprising to hear a diet and exercise manual is to blame.
But when sexy, sculpted Art embarked on penning his first book, Eat Clean Live Lean – a healthy-living guide dedicated to the Paleo nutrition regime – his writing debut meant he had to sacrifice precious moments with his gorgeous girlfriend.
“It took up a lot of time,” says business owner Art, 27, “Trying to focus on writing while managing my Clean Paleo work and, most importantly, finding time to spend Matty was really tough.
“We’d compromise and I’d go and write at her house, but she was the worst distraction.”
With their minor, relationship speed wobble behind them, however – and Art’s book now on shelves – the lovebirds are free to enjoy their first long, hot summer together.
But it’s not all sunbathing and lounging by the pool for the genetically-blessed pair, who are keeping up their fitness regime while on holiday.
And with tennis games, joint gym sessions and running all on the schedule, there’s no wonder beach babe Matilda’s looking in tip-top shape.
“I’ve been pretty good with my eating and exercise because I’m on the summer shred,” says Matilda, 25, who has switched to a Paleo diet, which puts an emphasis on eating low-carb wholefoods, since dating Art.
“I’m as disciplined as possible with food and I work out a lot more than I used to, which I actually enjoy because Art’s always so active and up for anything, so exercising doesn’t feel like a chore any more.
“Art’s taught me lots about balance. He’s helped me see that dieting is silly, and your focus should be health and overall wellbeing instead.”
Read the full story on Art and Matilda in this week's Woman's Day.
- BodyOlivia Newton-John is battling cancer for the third time - why she's not letting it get her down
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019