Anne Hathaway welcomed her first child, Jonathan Rosebanks Shulman, in March of 2016, but the actress has never shared any photos of her son on social media – until now.
Earlier today, the star took to Instagram to post an adorable snapshot of Jonathan watching a video of her speech at the UN, where she spoke passionately about the need to address issues around paid parental leave.
“JRS watching Mommy give her speech at the UN yesterday,” the proud mum captioned her Instagram post.
In her speech, Anne spoke about how she gained a whole new perspective on the issue of maternity leave after she welcomed her own son and she and hubby Adam Shulman had to adapt to their new lives.
“American women are currently entitled to 12 weeks unpaid leave. American men are entitled to nothing. That information landed differently for me, when one week after my son’s birth, I could barely walk,” she said.
“That information landed differently when I was getting to know a human who was completely dependent on my husband and I for everything, when I was dependent on my husband for most things, and when we were relearning everything we thought we knew about our family and our relationship.
“Somehow, we and every American parent were expected to be back to normal in under three months,” she continued.
Anne and Adam first began dating in 2008 and tied the knot in September 2012. They welcomed their son Jonathan in March 2016.
- Food & DrinksRoast racks of venison with blueberry balsamic sauce
Now To LoveDec 03, 2021
- RoyalsPlaydates with Charlotte and a royal christening prove the Queen is on the mend
Now To LoveNov 29, 2021
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021