Anna Paquin has opened up about her sexuality and what it means to be bisexual in a recent interview with Larry Ling.
The 32-year-old star of True Blood and the X-Men movies came out as bisexual in 2010, the same year she married her co-star Stephen Moyer. But as she told Larry, being in a happy "monogamously married" relationship doesn't erase her sexual identity.
Asked if she was a "non-practicing bisexual", Anna responded by saying it's not a "past tense thing".
"Are you still straight if you are with somebody?... If you were to break up with them or if they were to die, it doesn't prevent your sexuality from existing. It doesn't really work like that."
- TVHeartbreak Island Maiata's revenge: 'don't mess with me'
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00am
- At homeThis Wānaka home has full height sliding doors to maximise the expansive views
Now To LoveAug 16, 2022
- Celebrity NewsNicola's family strength: 'we'll survive anything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyAug 16, 2022
- TVThe Block Redemption's Quinn and Ben: 'we've learnt from our mistakes'
Woman's DayAug 16, 2022
- CompetitionsSign up to the Woman's Day newsletter and you could win a Saben Tilly bag
Woman's DayAug 11, 2022