Angelina Jolie has released a statement, confirming her six children with Brad Pitt will continue to live with her while Brad will be granted “therapeutic visits.”
“We can confirm that childcare professionals have encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides over a week ago."
"In accordance with this agreement, the six children will stay in their mother’s custody, and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father. This has been determined by childcare professionals to be in the children’s best interest,” her rep told People.
The statement continued: “We are not in a position to discuss the details. We hope now that it is clear that the events which led to the dissolution filing involved minor children and their wellbeing, there will be understanding of the sensitivity of the family situation.”
“We believe that all sides are committed to healing the family and ask for your consideration during this difficult time.”
WATCH: Brad Pitt on fatherhood. Post continues after the video...
According to the New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, therapeutic visits “are designed to help parents who cannot have unsupervised access to their children due to a history of child physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse, or mental illness.”
“Rather than eliminating contact between a non-custodial parent and child, supervised visitation creates a one-on-one supportive setting where the relationship can safely continue and be strengthened while pending legal issues are addressed by the child protective and court systems.”
Insiders have already speculated that this set-up won’t be permanent.
This latest development comes off the back of Brad filing for joint custody of Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, eight, last week.
When Angelina Jolie filed for divorce in September, she filed for full custody of the children with Brad only being given visitation rights.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019