After six years of playing the fan-favourite Bella Durville on the beloved NZ series Shortland Street, Kiwi actress Amelia Reid-Meredith has announced her departure from Ferndale.
“This has not been an easy decision for me to make,” she said.
“I have enjoyed every moment of my time on the show and learnt so much in the process.”
Watch Amelia and her Shorty co-star Sally Martin answer quick fire questions in the video below. Story continues.
The star explains that she has decided to “take a break” from the show in order to “pursue other projects and opportunities”.
While that means a departure from Auckland as well as Shorty, Amelia says she’s not ruling out a potential return to the drama series in future.
"I have been thrilled to be a part of this amazing on-screen family, many of whom have become friends for life so this decision was not taken lightly. But sometimes you just have to follow your heart and do what you feel is right at the time, and I definitely won’t say I will never be back!”
"We're keeping details of what's in store firmly under wraps for now, but there are still lots of twists to come before Bella leaves our screens," comments producer Maxine Fleming.
Amelia will remain on screens as part of Shortland Street until November, according to the press release from South Pacific Pictures.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021