After six years of playing the fan-favourite Bella Durville on the beloved NZ series Shortland Street, Kiwi actress Amelia Reid-Meredith has announced her departure from Ferndale.
“This has not been an easy decision for me to make,” she said.
“I have enjoyed every moment of my time on the show and learnt so much in the process.”
Watch Amelia and her Shorty co-star Sally Martin answer quick fire questions in the video below. Story continues.
The star explains that she has decided to “take a break” from the show in order to “pursue other projects and opportunities”.
While that means a departure from Auckland as well as Shorty, Amelia says she’s not ruling out a potential return to the drama series in future.
"I have been thrilled to be a part of this amazing on-screen family, many of whom have become friends for life so this decision was not taken lightly. But sometimes you just have to follow your heart and do what you feel is right at the time, and I definitely won’t say I will never be back!”
"We're keeping details of what's in store firmly under wraps for now, but there are still lots of twists to come before Bella leaves our screens," comments producer Maxine Fleming.
Amelia will remain on screens as part of Shortland Street until November, according to the press release from South Pacific Pictures.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021