Amal - looking gorgeous in a sweeping sunshine-yellow Atelier Versace dress - didn't let a little wardrobe mishap get the better of her as she walked the red carpet with hubby George Clooney and his co-stars for the premiere of his new film Money Monster in Cannes.
Grappling with the wind and the gown's extensive fabric, which billowed about as the barrister walked alongside her actor husband, things almost took a turn south. Onlookers said Amal's strappy shoes got caught up in the voluminous layers of the dress, and it looked certain she was going to trip.
As the cameras snapped away, Amal fought to hold the skirt of the gown in place while continuing to pose for photos and avoiding flashing the many fans who had lined up along the red carpet for the occasion.
But like the red carpet pro she is, the stunning 38-year-old rolled with the punches, whipping her dress around to different angles and leaning on her famous husband George Clooney for both moral and physical support.
In fact, George even had to grab his beautiful bride’s hands more than a few times to stop her toppling over completely!
The pair were on the red carpet at Cannes to promote George’s new movie Money Monster, also starring George’s long-time gal pal Julia Roberts.
Although it was the actor’s big night, George couldn’t take his eyes off his beautiful brunette wife, helping her wrangle her wayward gown, and beaming with pride at how she was handling the tough situation.
Since they wed in September 2014, they've been each other's biggest champions. George is always praising his wife, even admitting that she's smarter than he is.
And this Cannes appearance is just another example of Amal continuing to prove she's a high-roller in the fashion stakes.
The elegant lawyer is always making best dressed lists and is known for her classic, classy ensembles.
Watch: George Clooney reveals how Amal is smarter than him
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019