Amal - looking gorgeous in a sweeping sunshine-yellow Atelier Versace dress - didn't let a little wardrobe mishap get the better of her as she walked the red carpet with hubby George Clooney and his co-stars for the premiere of his new film Money Monster in Cannes.
Grappling with the wind and the gown's extensive fabric, which billowed about as the barrister walked alongside her actor husband, things almost took a turn south. Onlookers said Amal's strappy shoes got caught up in the voluminous layers of the dress, and it looked certain she was going to trip.
As the cameras snapped away, Amal fought to hold the skirt of the gown in place while continuing to pose for photos and avoiding flashing the many fans who had lined up along the red carpet for the occasion.
But like the red carpet pro she is, the stunning 38-year-old rolled with the punches, whipping her dress around to different angles and leaning on her famous husband George Clooney for both moral and physical support.
In fact, George even had to grab his beautiful bride’s hands more than a few times to stop her toppling over completely!
The pair were on the red carpet at Cannes to promote George’s new movie Money Monster, also starring George’s long-time gal pal Julia Roberts.
Although it was the actor’s big night, George couldn’t take his eyes off his beautiful brunette wife, helping her wrangle her wayward gown, and beaming with pride at how she was handling the tough situation.
Since they wed in September 2014, they've been each other's biggest champions. George is always praising his wife, even admitting that she's smarter than he is.
And this Cannes appearance is just another example of Amal continuing to prove she's a high-roller in the fashion stakes.
The elegant lawyer is always making best dressed lists and is known for her classic, classy ensembles.
Watch: George Clooney reveals how Amal is smarter than him
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveToday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveToday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- WeddingsUnlucky-in-love MAFS bride Ning sells her unworn wedding dress in an attempt to 'bury' her past
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveYesterday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Daniel Webb reveals he has received death threats
Now To LoveYesterday 8:12am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveMay 22, 2019