All Black Ardie Savea has asked his long-time partner Saskia Hartmann-Hechenberger to marry him only days after the two became first-time parents.
The pair made the announcement on Instagram this morning. "Asked my girl to marry me and the rest is history.. so frickin happy!! Love my my girls," Ardie posted.
He presented his bride-to-be with a stunning pear-shaped diamond ring.
Saskia followed with another post. "My love asked me to marry him!! Best year yet, welcoming our gorgeous girl into the world, and now this. Love my little fam."
Their daughter Kobe Edith Savea was born only a week ago weighing 9.2 pounds.
The birth marked a double dose of celebration for the Savea family. Ardie's brother, fellow All Black Julian Savea and wife Fatima welcomed their first child Jude less than a week prior.
On congratulating the pair on their engagement, Fatima also acknowledged their two newborns. "I can't wait to see our little princesses grow up together and be the best of friends."
Along with a new baby and a wedding to plan, Ardie and Saskia have recently launched a clothing line, Ardie Savea Clothing.
Ardie designs the clothing while juggling his rugby commitments and Saskia manages the brand. When it was launched she paid tribute to Ardie.
"Always been a dream to do this and we've finally gotten there," she said. "Super proud of you on and off the field."
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019