All Black Ardie Savea has asked his long-time partner Saskia Hartmann-Hechenberger to marry him only days after the two became first-time parents.
The pair made the announcement on Instagram this morning. "Asked my girl to marry me and the rest is history.. so frickin happy!! Love my my girls," Ardie posted.
He presented his bride-to-be with a stunning pear-shaped diamond ring.
Saskia followed with another post. "My love asked me to marry him!! Best year yet, welcoming our gorgeous girl into the world, and now this. Love my little fam."
Their daughter Kobe Edith Savea was born only a week ago weighing 9.2 pounds.
The birth marked a double dose of celebration for the Savea family. Ardie's brother, fellow All Black Julian Savea and wife Fatima welcomed their first child Jude less than a week prior.
On congratulating the pair on their engagement, Fatima also acknowledged their two newborns. "I can't wait to see our little princesses grow up together and be the best of friends."
Along with a new baby and a wedding to plan, Ardie and Saskia have recently launched a clothing line, Ardie Savea Clothing.
Ardie designs the clothing while juggling his rugby commitments and Saskia manages the brand. When it was launched she paid tribute to Ardie.
"Always been a dream to do this and we've finally gotten there," she said. "Super proud of you on and off the field."
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am