All Black Ardie Savea has asked his long-time partner Saskia Hartmann-Hechenberger to marry him only days after the two became first-time parents.
The pair made the announcement on Instagram this morning. "Asked my girl to marry me and the rest is history.. so frickin happy!! Love my my girls," Ardie posted.
He presented his bride-to-be with a stunning pear-shaped diamond ring.
Saskia followed with another post. "My love asked me to marry him!! Best year yet, welcoming our gorgeous girl into the world, and now this. Love my little fam."
Their daughter Kobe Edith Savea was born only a week ago weighing 9.2 pounds.
The birth marked a double dose of celebration for the Savea family. Ardie's brother, fellow All Black Julian Savea and wife Fatima welcomed their first child Jude less than a week prior.
On congratulating the pair on their engagement, Fatima also acknowledged their two newborns. "I can't wait to see our little princesses grow up together and be the best of friends."
Along with a new baby and a wedding to plan, Ardie and Saskia have recently launched a clothing line, Ardie Savea Clothing.
Ardie designs the clothing while juggling his rugby commitments and Saskia manages the brand. When it was launched she paid tribute to Ardie.
"Always been a dream to do this and we've finally gotten there," she said. "Super proud of you on and off the field."
- RelationshipsThe incredible love story of this Kiwi soldier and his Slovenian heroine, who met through a barbed wire fence at a POW camp
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionFibre 101: Everything you need to know about this essential dietary component
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- RoyalsWhy the Queen allowed Duchess Catherine to break protocol and kiss her in public
Now To LoveYesterday 3:18pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie’s latest outfit has a sweet connection to her royal wedding last year
Now To LoveYesterday 11:45am
- Real LifeA Christchurch surgeon describes what it was like to be working on the day of the mosque attacks
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RoyalsSee the vibrant flower that's been named after Baby Archie
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthNewshub's Melissa Davies is pregnant with her first child
Now To LoveYesterday 9:08am
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveMay 23, 2019
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMay 23, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesMay 23, 2019