There have long been rumours of tension between co-stars Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer on the set of the first Magic Mike film, and now Alex has revealed there is indeed some truth behind the talk.
In a new podcast with American writer Bret Easton Ellis, Alex confirmed that he and Channing do not get along and he's partly to blame for it.
“Channing does not like me,” he confessed. “For many reasons. Many being my own fault.”
The British-born star says Channing initially didn't want him to be cast in the film after stories of Alex’s bad-boy behaviour began circulating around Hollywood, and Alex knew this before filming started.
After arriving on set, Alex says he was so nervous about making the wrong move that he barely spoke and developed a reputation for being aloof.
“That also gave me a bad rep because they said, ‘Oh Alex thinks he’s f**king better than everybody else because he doesn’t speak to anyone.’ And that’s not true,” he revealed.
However, it was after filming wrapped that his relationship with Channing truly tipped over the edge. Alex rented a New York apartment owned by a friend of Channing’s for a period of time, but he says he had to leave after mould and dust allergies made the living situation unbearable.
He left the apartment still owing four months’ worth of rent, and when his cousin died suddenly he forgot to pay up.
“I all of a sudden got a very negative email from Channing, rightfully so, saying, ‘Don’t f**k my friends. You owe money.
Pay the f**king money. Don’t be a clown,” he revealed.
Alex says he was repeatedly “hounded” for the money despite his pleas for patience, and so he ultimately decided not to pay.
“By the end of it I just basically said, ‘F**k them. What is money when life is so much more?’ and, ‘I’m not dealing with this, and I’m not paying,’” he said.
“I should have just paid. I think he was looking for an excuse to not like me.”
The situation became even more awkward after the cast had to go back for reshoots, and Alex was not asked to return for this year’s sequel.
Watch: Magic Mike cast on Jimmy Kimmel
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesToday 12:00pm
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayYesterday 3:15pm
- Married at First SightYou won't believe who Married at First Sight's Tamara Joy has hooked up with now
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019